I am honored by every client who chooses to share their lives with me. My clients seek therapy for any many different reasons. Some clients are working through life transitions such as becoming new parents or adjusting to a new job, while others are struggling with more chronic issues. Life does not come with a manual and most everyone can benefit from a little support once in a while.
Everyone is unique and comes to therapy with their own experiences and responses to life stresses. Deciding to work with a therapist does not mean that you are broken, but instead that you are choosing to take control of your life.
My therapeutic approach is collaborative and relaxed. Sessions resemble a conversation – not a traditional doctor/patient visit. Although we often talk about unpleasant things, our sessions should be a positive experience for you. It is my job to make you comfortable and safe while we explore what has brought you to therapy. My goal is to help you create positive change in your life as we work together in improving your overall quality of life.
I enjoy working with anyone who seeks to actively participate in this process and have a particular interest in helping adults with infertility, new parents, and young adults adjusting to adulthood.
Linda was amazing at helping me navigate my infertility journey while I lived overseas. She made me feel supported during what can be an isolating process. I am so thankful to have found her!
Linda is fantastic. She has helped me tremendously over the last year dealing with a family crisis. She is smart, empathetic, funny, insightful, and very helpful. I needed some help during a crisis and she really provided the support I needed. The ability to speak honestly about my situation with someone provided great relief. I had never done any therapy of any kind before. The only way I was even able to was due to the flexibility and online availability of the appointments. My schedule changes hour to hour and Linda finds times when I have them. I couldn't recommend her more.
I've been using Smart Talk for several months and it has been working very well for me. It's provided me with high quality, affordable therapy sessions that fit into my chaotic schedule. I like the fact that I don't have to drive across town to get a session - I can just set up my laptop and use the service in the privacy of my home. Linda is attentive, thoughtful and insightful and has helped me work through some difficult issues in my relationship and other areas of my personal life.
December 2019 Update:
I've been using Smart Talk for the past year and I'm very happy with the sessions. Linda has helped me work through several personal issues I've been dealing with. She's offered perspectives and insights that I would not have come up with on my own. The quality is top-notch, the scheduling is flexible, and the rates are very reasonable. I highly recommend using this service.
I travel all the time for work, so seeing a Therapist in person is really difficult. I love the flexibility that smart talk allows for my hectic schedule and it's great that I'm able to have a session directly from my hotel room. I wasn't sure how I would feel about only having a 30-minute session, but after the first one I realized it's just the right amount of time for what I need.
December 2019 Update:
Linda is really flexible with scheduling appointments which makes it easy to fit into my busy schedule. I always enjoy our conversations and have felt like I leave with resources, tools, or just generally feeling better!
My experience with Smart Talk has been great! I love being able to use video chat for sessions. It has made therapy accessible for me and Linda is always willing to work with my crazy schedule + time difference to get our sessions in. I really look forward to continuing in 2019. Thanks!
Linda is an intelligent, enthusiastic, understanding therapist who listens closely, connects instantly, and provides actionable ideas and accurate insights. She comes to sessions prepared and follows up on prior discussions. I find her to be very available and accessible.
I had a great first session with Smart Talk. The video chatting service, Clocktree is well developed and my session went very smoothly. I enjoyed the process of speaking with my therapist who was very calm and compassionate throughout. I am looking forward to doing more of them!
My experience with smart talk has been nothing but positive. I absolutely love the time I have every week with my therapist because it gives me a way to reflect on the previous week, find clarity, and potentially put a plan in action moving forward. It also holds me accountable for myself and my actions and helps me identify the things I need to work on. I have seen much inner growth in just the few months I’ve been doing this and my relationship is becoming much stronger and easier to identify what we need to work on. I love Smart talk because it works with my crazy schedule but I get the real experience as if I were stepping into a therapists office.
- Abdelsayed, L. M. (2020). Quarantine - How to Survive it With Your Family. Family Therapist Magazine, Volume 19 (3), 16-19.
- Abdelsayed, L. M. (2020). Supporting Clients Facing Infertility. Family Therapist Magazine, Volume 19 (1), 24-27.
- Abdelsayed, L. M. (2018). Yoga As Self-Care. Family Therapist Magazine, Volume 17 (5), 22 - 26.
- Abdelsayed, L. M. (2018, March 27). 5 Ways of Regaining a Sense of Control During Infertility. Retrieved from https://www.marriage.com
- Abdelsayed, L.M. (2018, April 11). 4 Ways of Remaining Calm During Fertility Testing. Retrieved from https://www.marriage.com.
- Abdelsayed, L.M. (2018, April 24th). How to Survive the First Year of Having Children. Retrieved from https://www.marriage.com.
- Abdelsayed, L.M. (2018, May 9th). Learning to Fight Fair in a Relationship with the Help of Counseling. Retrieved from https://www.marriage.com.
Podcasts & Radio Interviews
- Interviewd by Lara Mcelderry of Married to Doctors Podcast. Facing Infertility as a Medical Couple. July 23rd, 2020.
- Interviewed by Robert Whetham of NBR FM Live. February 22nd, 2019.
- Interviewed by Julie Clarke of #Parenting...Who? Podcast. Online Therapy and Infertility with Linda Meier Abdelsayed. July 31st, 2018.
- Tran, Amber. (2019, March 5). Mom Guilt, It's Time for a Break Up. Retrieved from https://orangecounty.citymomsblog.com
- Landry, Blythe. (2018, May 17). Three Ways to Receive Help When you can't get out of Bed. Retrieved from https://blythespiritualcounseling.com
Ready to book your first appointment? It takes less than 10 minutes to book it. Simply click on the "book now" button.