Licensed in California and Illinois
phone: (424) 999-5798
I am unfortunately completely full at this point in time and cannot accept any new clients. My sister practice, Smart Talk OC, has two fantastic therapists that are available for California based clients seeking telehealth services. Here are links to their bios:
I am honored by every client who chooses to share their lives with me. My clients seek therapy for any many different reasons. Some clients are working through life transitions such as becoming new parents or adjusting to a new job, while others are struggling with more chronic issues. Life does not come with a manual and most everyone can benefit from a little support once in a while.
Everyone is unique and comes to therapy with their own experiences and responses to life stresses. Deciding to work with a therapist does not mean that you are broken, but instead that you are choosing to take control of your life.
My therapeutic approach is collaborative and relaxed. Sessions resemble a conversation – not a traditional doctor/patient visit. Although we often talk about unpleasant things, our sessions should be a positive experience for you. It is my job to make you comfortable and safe while we explore what has brought you to therapy. My goal is to help you create positive change in your life as we work together in improving your overall quality of life.
I enjoy working with anyone who seeks to actively participate in this process and have a particular interest in helping adults with infertility, new parents, and young adults adjusting to adulthood.
- Abdelsayed, L. M. (2020). Quarantine - How to Survive it With Your Family. Family Therapist Magazine, Volume 19 (3), 16-19.
- Abdelsayed, L. M. (2020). Supporting Clients Facing Infertility. Family Therapist Magazine, Volume 19 (1), 24-27.
- Abdelsayed, L. M. (2018). Yoga As Self-Care. Family Therapist Magazine, Volume 17 (5), 22 - 26.
- Abdelsayed, L. M. (2018, March 27). 5 Ways of Regaining a Sense of Control During Infertility. Retrieved from https://www.marriage.com
- Abdelsayed, L.M. (2018, April 11). 4 Ways of Remaining Calm During Fertility Testing. Retrieved from https://www.marriage.com.
- Abdelsayed, L.M. (2018, April 24th). How to Survive the First Year of Having Children. Retrieved from https://www.marriage.com.
- Abdelsayed, L.M. (2018, May 9th). Learning to Fight Fair in a Relationship with the Help of Counseling. Retrieved from https://www.marriage.com.
Podcasts & Radio Interviews
- Interviewd by Lara Mcelderry of Married to Doctors Podcast. Facing Infertility as a Medical Couple. July 23rd, 2020.
- Interviewed by Robert Whetham of NBR FM Live. February 22nd, 2019.
- Interviewed by Julie Clarke of #Parenting...Who? Podcast. Online Therapy and Infertility with Linda Meier Abdelsayed. July 31st, 2018.
- Tran, Amber. (2019, March 5). Mom Guilt, It's Time for a Break Up. Retrieved from https://orangecounty.citymomsblog.com
- Landry, Blythe. (2018, May 17). Three Ways to Receive Help When you can't get out of Bed. Retrieved from https://blythespiritualcounseling.com
Ready to book your first appointment? It takes less than 10 minutes to book it. Simply click on the "book now" button.