Where do I need to live to be able to access this service?
Currently, our Marriage and Family Therapists are licensed in California, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Illinois, New York, and International. This means that you have to live in either of theses states to be eligible for this service. We are a growing company and so as we add therapists we will be able to add other states. Please contact Linda for more information if you live outside of theses states or outside of the USA.
Who do you see?
Since this is a Live Video session mental health service we specialize in high functioning adults. This means that we see people with anxiety, depression, and other life challenges. However, we are unable to see people with suicidal thinking, homicidal thinking, schizophrenia, or personality disorders since those require a higher level of care that we are unable to provide. If you have any questions about whether you qualify for this service please contact Linda at email@example.com.
How is my personal information protected?
We are fully HIPAA compliant. We use an encrypted website for our Live Video sessions to protect your privacy and confidentiality. Additionally, we use an Electronic Health Records System to make sure that all of your personal information is kept private.
How do I schedule an appointment?
Once you are a member of Smart Talk (you have completed the initial consent forms and prepaid for sessions) you will be invited to join clocktree and will be able to schedule your appointments straight through there. In order to give clients a chance to schedule appointments as needed and we release our schedules for the week on the Sunday of each week. This gives clients a chance to remain flexible and to get the appointments that they need. Should you wish to schedule appointments more than a week in advance or have reoccurring weekly appointments then you can contact your therapist directly to set this up.
How effective is live video therapy?
Over two decades of research show that online-based therapy is just as effective in improving mental health as traditional face-to-face therapy for adults. Here are a few articles in case you are interested:
- Linda Godleski, M.D.; Adam Darkins, M.D., M.P.H.; John Peters, M.S. (2014) “Outcomes of 98,609
U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs Patients Enrolled in Telemental Health Services 2006–2010”
- Andersson, G., & Cuijpers, P. (2009). “Internet-based and other computerized psychological treatments for adult depression: A meta-analysis.” Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, 38(4), 196-205.
- Wantland, D. J., Portillo, C. J., Holzemer, W. L., Slaughter, R., & McGhee, E. M. (2004). “The effectiveness of Web-based vs. non-Web-based interventions: a meta-analysis of behavioral change outcomes.” Journal of Medical Internet Research, 6(4).
How can I get a refund?
Of course we understand that sometimes things change and you might not be able to complete the bundle that you signed up for. Here is our refund policy for each individual plan option:
- Treat Yourself Package and ESA Package - You are eligible for a full refund if you haven't used a single 30 minute session. After your first session, you are eligible for a refund of all sessions that you have not used at 50% of the original purchase price.
- Monthly subscription Membership Packages - You can cancel this subscription at any time during the month for the next month. Should you be unavailable for a week, you are eligible to rebook the appointment for a different week if the therapist has availability. Appointments are made on a first come, first serve basis. If your therapist is off for a week during the month, you will receive a refund for that week's session or be offered a make up appointment during a different week if available.
What is your cancelation policy?
We understand that sometimes things come up and appointments need to be cancelled. We ask that you give us 24 hours notice if you need to cancel or reschedule an appointment so that our therapists have enough time to adjust their schedules accordingly. Should you cancel with less than 24 hours notice you will lose that session credit that you had purchased. We also understand that sometimes 24 hours notice just isn't possible and so each client is awarded a free-be where s/he can cancel with less than 24 hours notice and won't be charged for the session.
Why can't I see or hear my therapist?
There are two major things that could cause this issue.
- Internet speed - You need to have internet that is good enough to be able to stream videos online. So, if you are able to watch Netflix or HULU on your phone or computer then your internet should be good enough for our video sessions.
- Browser - The best browser for you to use is Google Chrome for your sessions. Safari and internet explorer just don't have the same capabilities as Chrome.
What is your late policy?
Since our sessions are only 30 minutes long we have a 10 minute late policy. This means that our therapists will wait for you for 10 minutes prior to marking you as a no-show in the system. This is why it is very important for you to communicate with your therapist should you be running late so that s/he knows that you are still planning on attending the session.